APPEL À PROJETS
Focused Issue of Transportation Science on Urban Freight Transportation & Logistics
Date limite : 29 juin 2018
Freight Transportation and Logistics systems are essential in supporting human social and economic activities, particularly so in urban areas. They are under significant pressure, however, not only to perform but also to change in their business and operational models. They must continue to aim for the highest levels of efficiency, profitability, and competitiveness, as well as for a continuous reduction in their environmental footprint and consumption of fossil energy. They must face the challenge of significant demand increase and evolution resulting from, on the one hand, the continuous growth of the urban population and, on the other hand, the explosion of on-line shopping accompanied by an apparent willingness of customers to pay for fast delivery. As witnessed at the recent 6th INFORMS Transportation Science and Logistics Society Workshop on E-Commerce and Urban Logistics, which took place January 7-10, 2018 in Hong Kong, very intense and rich research efforts in Operations Research and Transportation Science are being deployed to answer these challenges.
The focused issue on Urban Freight Transportation & Logistics intends to reflect these trends, efforts, and results. The aim is to present original, cutting-edge contributions – methodological and theoretical developments, as well as innovative and insight-provoking applications – that address a wide variety of issues in the modeling, planning, and management of freight transportation and logistics systems in urban area. Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- City logistics, hyperconnected systems, last-mile logistics;
- Network design and planning;
- Service network design;
- Vehicle routing, scheduling, and dispatching;
- Emerging and evolving business and operational models;
- Terminal management;
- Intelligent transportation systems for freight transportation and logistics;
- Integrated planning of people and freight transportation systems;
- Integration of new technology.
Submissions are open to all, independently of participation in the TSL Society workshop. All contributions will be peer reviewed according to the usual standards of the journal.
Submission: Please submit your manuscript online via ScholarOne Manuscripts at https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/transci When choosing Manuscript Type in Step 1 of the submission procedure, enter “Special Issue – Urban Freight Transportation”, otherwise your submission will be handled as a regular manuscript.
The instructions to authors can be found on the Transportation Science homepage:
• Teodor Gabriel Crainic, Université du Québec à Montréal and CIRRELT, Canada TeodorGabriel.Crainic@cirrelt.net
• Stein W. Wallace, NHH Norwegian School of Economics, Bergen, Norway email@example.com
• Lei Zhao, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China firstname.lastname@example.org